SALE - The Catechist’s Formation Workbook
You’ve volunteered to be a catechist! If you’re wondering what to do next, this workbook is the perfect guide. Here you’ll find teaching and organization methods for any class setting or grade level. You’ll get an understanding of how faith can develop among your learners, and how you can best share your faith using the skills, knowledge, and experience you already have. Each of these ten easy sessions provides time for reflection and prayer as you learn:
- Strategies for planning and preparing your sessions
- How to use Scripture and the liturgy as teaching tools
- How to build a community of love by nurturing classroom respect, order, and affirmation
- How to ask the right questions to get students talking
- The role of technology in the classroom and how you can make your sessions visually active, dynamic and creative
- And much more
Written and developed by experts with many years of catechetical and pastoral experience, The Catechist’s Formation Workbook is rooted in Scripture, liturgy, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Plus it’s based on The General Directory for Catechesis and The National Directory for Catechesis so you can be confident that it’s comprehensive and complete. Perfect for both beginners and experienced catechists in both individual and group settings, this comprehensive, accessible guidebook can help you develop your skills, thrive as a catechist, and grow in your own faith and experience of God’s love.
112 pages | 8.5" x 11"